Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Week 5 Thing 11: Web 2.0 Awards

As I was looking around the 2.0 awards list, I found some interesting topics to discuss. The first thing I noticed was the 1st place winner for Digital Storing and Remote Access was disbanded in 2008. Omnidrive was supposed to be an easy tool to just drop and drag online content but since it won the award in 2007 they kept the listing on this site. I wonder why it was disbanded, was it due to lack of use by consumers or that it might not have been as easy to use as they said? It makes you wonder. Another thing I was looking at was hosted wikis. I thought it was interesting that PB Wikis landed 1st place but Wikispaces received 3rd place. I thought they would be rated equally. As for my decision to create a wiki for my library, I have to choose a wiki that my school district will support. I can see why Google docs received 1st place for collaborative writing and word processing. I had the opportunity to experience with Google docs last week while taking a videoconferencing workshop. It was very easy to use and share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment