Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Week 3: # 5 FLICKR Like or Not

I have been looking at Flckr and it makes me a little nervous to download some of my personal photos. I do like the idea of those letters but still have not figured out how all that works.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed looking at Flickr and I was also nervous about some of the pictures they displayed that were inappropriate for children. I guess if you use your own pictures it would be an excellent tool. But is it something we could used with work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that searching Flickr for Creative Commons licensed material has been safe. It would all depend on what terms you were searching for, I think. You probably wouldn't want to just send your kids to Flickr and say, "have fun!" but rather have a specific search you want them to do that you've done first to check for inappropriate results. Flickr asks that people filter their content, but of course, one person's filter might catch something another person's wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete